Sunday, March 25, 2012

All About Me

So this weekend, I turned 35. Can you believe it? I can't, but in honor of this blessed occasion (cough, cough), I thought I would post 35 things about me. Well, at least I hope I can come up with 35.

1) I know two stories about my birth. First, my parents really want to have me and
2) My Dad fainted in the room before I was born.
3) Samantha means "listener."
4) I was born in Arizona.
5) When I was a kid, I wanted to grow up to be a newspaper editor, to earn my PhD, and win a Pulitzer for best novel. (Ha!)
6) I am a better athlete now than I was in high school (or at least I don't care as much as I did then and slow is better than nothing!).
7) Yep, I color the gray hairs on the top of my head.
8) My life passage is Psalm 139. I read it and cling to it in good times and bad times.
9) I met the man I married when I was 16 years old on a mission trip in Ensenada, Mexico.
10) I was 18 when I knew I was going to marry him (it took a little bit longer to convince him!)
11) I am not a good housekeeper.
12) I always knew I wanted to get married, I didn't want to be a mother.
13) I love to jump on the trampoline (don't tell my kids!)
14) 9 times out of 10 I will choose a bike ride to a run.
15) I am an avid reader.
16) I fancy myself a writer.
17) I am actually about 15,000 words into a novel.
18) I may have grown up in Utah, but I was never a Mormon. (by the way, as long as I can remember, there have been paved roads and running water in Utah)
19) I am an introvert, barely.
20) I love to create: whether by sewing, writing, making, cooking. I take great joy in the process of creating.
21) One of my favorite things about God is that he is a Great Creator.
22) My favorite name of God is El Roi, the God who sees, because he always knows me and my struggles, even when I can't give voice to them.
23) The greatest compliment I ever received was when, as a high schooler, my Dad told me that I reminded him of his sister, my Aunt Kathy, who died much to early at 36 of breast cancer.
24) I despise laundry.
25) I am exceedingly proud of the fact that I completed a marathon. In 5 hours, 12 minutes, and 20 seconds, but who is counting?
26) Sometimes, I am irrationally anxious.
27) Over the years, I have really learned to enjoy a good glass of wine. It makes a night complete or it redeems an otherwise bad day.
28) I am thankful beyond measure for the life that I get to lead.
29) I am really awkward at meeting new people and shy in those kinds of situations.
30) I really, really, really like thinking about, creating, and eating fantastic food. However, you might not think it's so fantastic because some of it's kinda weird.
31) I have worked very hard in the past two years to regain good health in my body. Consequently, I will probably be gluten free for the rest of my life.
32) Three of the greatest things I have ever had a hand in creating are my children: Josh, Katie, and Olivia.
33) Two more blessings are waiting for me. And I am waiting for them.
34) I do not deserve the love and companionship I receive from Eric. He is truly a gift to me.
35) I am a Daughter of God, my King, I have been redeemed from my sin by the death of my Savior, Jesus Christ, and I am constantly being molded more into likeness of God by the Holy Spirit. This is who I am.

Now that I am at the end, I've thought of more to tell you, but I'm out of numbers. I guess you'll just have to wait until next year when I give you 36!

1 comment:

Mme MaKhotso said...

Elijah just asked me yesterday about how some of my friends met their husbands and I told him about you and Eric meeting on a mission trip, how cool is that! Thanks for sharing you, I do think I may have learned a few new things :)
Anita