Thursday, May 3, 2012

On Purpose Thankfulness

Today is one of those days: where I am tired and whiny in both my private thoughts and speech. It's annoying to others and to me. So I am trying very hard to be thankful, knowing that sometimes my true attitude follows the actions of my mouth. With that in mind, I am listing the things that I have noticed this morning that have given me a moment of beauty, thankfulness, and have been a reminder of God's great grace for me. .

  • Kids laughing together on the trampoline.
  • The lilacs that are in bloom. I love lilacs!
  • The clothes hanging on the line and that I had *almost* enough clothespins to hang them all.
  • The realization that I have more pictures of myself as a young child than I had previously thought. 
  • Eric made it to the bus on time. 
  • A day warm enough to wear shorts.
  • The promise of a meal that I don't have to cook in the company of good friends tonight. 
  • A second cup of coffee fixed just the way I like it.
  • A committee I have been on for the past two years completed its task last night!
  • I successfully re-purposed an ugly old wreath into a front door decoration that makes me smile every time I look at it. 

I'm going to hold onto these. If I add any more to the list, I will be doing it just to add more to the its or because I feel I should (you know, I should list my thankfulness for healthy kids, a great job for Eric, a home for us to live in and food to eat, all of which often go without saying). 


And to temporarily remedy the whiny, I'm going to go cut some of those blooming lilacs for my dining room. 


No comments: