Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Oh, I was supposed to keep that?

Today has been a lesson in the humility of being, well, a human--who sometimes doesn't get things to right. Case in point: those little green immunization cards that the hospital and doctor record all the immunizations a child receives, well, you are actually supposed to keep them, and keep them up-to-date and then be able to present them whenever another doctor needs them. I don't remember anyone ever telling me that--it was never mentioned in my pre-natal classes or at the first doctor appointment or even at the hospital. So today when the doctor's office called to remind us of an appointment and to bring those records with us, I was stumped as to how to do that and honestly felt that somehow this made me a failure as a parent. Especially since I searched the whole house for the dumb thing that I knew I had been kicking around for a few years (he is five after all.) Luckily, I have a gracious doctor's office who forgave me and said that this was a minor thing, but we laughed together at the reminder for humilty. I guess today was my own learning moment.

1 comment:

Skooks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.