Monday, April 13, 2009

Look What I did!

I'm a little proud of me, hopefully not in a vain, prideful conceited way, just proud of my accomplishment. What did I do? I made my daughter her Easter dress. As in I sewed, clothing, on a machine! I think I am so cool. (For full disclosure, OG was supposed to have a matching dress, but honestly, I'm not that good! I couldn't get both done in time.)

So here are the progressive pics. I ordered a kit from a cute little etsy shop that gave me everything I needed, including the fabrice already cut out and marked, so all I had to do is follow the instructions and voila, a dress. I haven't worked with my sewing machine in eaons. J & K wiped quite a layer of dust off of it. So in about 5 hours total time, I made a dress with cap sleeves and a cute ruffle!
And finally, my super-cute, slightly relcutant model. Beautiful, don't you think?

3 comments:

Andrea Robinson said...

SO cute! I'm impressed!

Unknown said...

Very cute! Nice job!

Skooks said...

That turned out great! I'll have to post pics of the one that I made for Naomi. I've still got a couple others to try for her. I got a different style but picked out the same fabric that you got for this one! (That one is still waiting to be made . . .)